Saturday, November 1, 2008

Home Alone


I have the entire apartment to myself this weekend. All of my roommates are gone. Ashley is in Pennsylvania and Texas, Rachel is in Denver, and Sarah is at Tadmor. So it's just me and Mercedes. It's not so bad actually. Having the place to myself is nice. I get to keep the house exactly how I like it (everything spotless clean, with airfresheners to make it smell pretty), I am not getting distracted from homework--ok well I am getting distracted less than usual, and well...that's about it. I definitely am NOT a fan of spending the night by myself though. It was so scary! And I have to do it for two more nights! When you are all by yourself, every little noise you hear sounds like somebody breaking in. All I was thinking the whole night was "I want my mommy and blast it, I don't care who knows!" You might say that is rather pathetic and lame--I'm well aware of that, but that doesn't make it less true. Mercedes is here, and that is comforting...but I kind of have my doubts about how protective she would be. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. I've heard her bark maybe twice. I'm working on bonding with her though that way she will like me more and feel more inclined to jump to my rescue should anything actually happen. We are a good pair, me and her. I know she sheds and is dirty...but she can actually be a little bit cute at times. See?...Oh, I definitely thought the picture would show up at the end of the post. Oh well. Back to studying.

No comments: